Last Updated: April 30, 2021
In order for you to use the Site, the collection of certain personal information is necessary. IN PARTICULAR, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- If you are 13 years of age or younger, you are not permitted to use the Site unless your parent or legal guardian has consented to your use of the Site and the collection of your personal information. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of someone under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). You are only allowed to access the Site from within Canada and only if you are a Canadian legal resident. Use of the Site from outside of Canada, or by a person who is not a Canadian legal resident, is strictly prohibited.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use the term “personal information”, we are referring to information that can be used to identify a specific individual and that is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as your legal name, date of birth, age or address, but does not include, for example, data that has been aggregated so that the identity of an individual cannot be determined.
We may collect the following information from you when you use the Site:
- your name;
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your mailing address;
- your demographic information;
- your login information and password for the Site;
- your e-mail address; and
- computer and connection information, such as browser type, version and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
If you are accessing the Site from a web browser, the “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In this section, we will identify the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. Generally, using the information we collect, we are able to deliver the Site to you. If that purpose is not listed below, we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
- facilitating your use of the Site;
- communicating with you generally about the Site and the services provided through the Site;
- registering and/or creating your user account with the Site;
- administering and managing the Site and our business operations;
- communicating with you and to provide you with support relating to the Site;
- providing services requested by you including, without limitation, the Site;
- performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Site so as to improve design and navigation of the Site and to gather marketing information;
- troubleshooting problems and technical or security issues;
- detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity as required by any
applicable laws, rules or regulations or governmental requirements;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements;
- determining your eligibility for any contests relating to, or accessed through, the Site;
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you, having regard to the nature of the Site.
Due to the global nature of the Internet, you may be transferring your personal information to countries outside of Canada, whose legal systems do not offer the same protection for your data as the laws of Canada.
4. USAGE INFORMATION
In addition to collecting personal and non-personal information, we, or our service providers, may use a variety of technologies that collect non-personal, aggregated information about your use of the Site. Usage information may include the browser you are using, the URL that referred you to the Site, all of the areas within the Site that you visit and the time of day, among other information. This information is not personal information and will only be used to find out how you use the Site. The collection of this information allows us to, among other things, create new features, prepare for traffic load demands and efficiently distribute any email communications.
5. SHARING INFORMATION
- We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers or prospective partners or advertisers to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
- We may disclose personal information to our service providers, including third parties engaged to assist us in providing the Site (foe example, for software development and hosting, data processing, transaction processing services, document management and office administration) to you or to carry out one or more of the uses described above or below. These service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance and are required to protect personal information disclosed by us and to comply with applicable privacy laws.
- We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
- We may disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
- We may disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of the Company or of any of the business or assets or shares of the Company or a division thereof. We will secure an undertaking from any such third party to treat the disclosed and/or transferred personal information with the same degree of diligence as had been previously provided by us.
6. ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We work hard to ensure that any personal information in our possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will revise the personal information.
We keep your personal information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date.
We take security of data very seriously. We work hard to protect the information we collect from you from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, we cannot guarantee that the information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Next Generation Manufacturing Canada
#301-175 Longwood Road S. Hamilton, ON, L8P 0A1
Email: [email protected]